Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday: No Double Swim


So, I only got to go to swim once today as I had to wait on the garbage disposal repairman to come and fix our garbage disposal. This was disappointing as I really look forward to Wednesday morning swim and the weak coffee that they serve at the rec center. It is really tasty and I sip on a cup during my warm-up. I would say it is a cross between old school McDonald's coffee and my mom's coffee. I like "bad" coffee: its my thing.
Anyway, Elliott had to come home for lunch to meet with the garbage disposal repairman, because of course the disposal was not broken, it was our breaker and it ended up being slightly more involved. While Elliott ate lunch with Ivan, I got to get out for about 35 minutes in zone two on the bike. It was a lovely day, so it was great and I avoided the vile trainer.
I made it to swim practice. Our swim coach just had her baby, so Abby and Dee are substituting, and it was a fun evening. Workout as follows:
  • 50 warmup
  • 6 x 50 swim
  • 1 x 300 pull
  • 6 x 50 swim
  • 1 x 300 pull
  • 6 x 50 swim
  • 1 x 300 pull
  • Several 25's, I can't remember the number
  • And then a dive relay with 6 person teams. We did this twice
  • 100 cool down
Now, one of the great embarrassments of my swim career is that I pretty much can't dive. I have been practicing all year, and I can finally dive off the the side of the pool part of the time. Sometime it ends in a shameful belly flop, and tonight during the relays, I got nervous and fell into the pool instead of completing my dive. It was too much pressure, with everyone standing on the side.
I was supposed to dive off the blocks like it was an actual swim meet, but climbed up on the blocks and had to climb down like a 5 year old on the high dive. What is wrong with me? I am 33, and I should really be over this by now. It is not the first day of swimming lessons.
Also, bought a foam roller today and am attempting to roll away my IT band issue. It is a serious and involved deal, like the deepest deep tissue massage ever. Will keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

caroline G said...

2 things: 1)Mom's coffee is bad. But I think Dad's is worse. So weak. UGH.

2) I am afraid to dive off the diving board.