Saturday, September 12, 2009

Therapy Systems: Line Tox for Eyes

Take a trip back in time with me if you will to the day I met Linda Roberts: I am a sadly attired graduate student (24ish years old), counting out change pilfered from my dad's change jar to buy a turkey sandwich for lunch at Provence. The service is ridiculously slow, which has given me time to study the woman in front of me. She is immaculate in black jeans and a blazer, she has her very own BIRKIN BAG (HER VERY OWN BIRKIN BAG), and huge black sunglasses. Also, great blond hair. I am wearing a mini-skirt that I hemmed myself (unevenly) and a sweater that my sister left at home when she moved out. It has a little moth hole at the collar, and I'm certain I was wearing tights and Dansko clogs.
Anyway, we have been waiting forever, and in frustration the above mentioned woman turned to me and said, "I work in retail and the number one rule is never let people wait like this." I was fascinated and immediately asked where she worked in retail. She said that she owned Private Edition. I could hardly believe it!!!!
My skin has always been my greatest challenge, and I had been longing to try the Therapy Systems products. I read all about them, and had wanted to wander into Private Edition and get the intensive Glycolic and Topical A treatments that were offered. This was a graduate school impossibility, as each product sold by Therapy Systems retailed for $70ish. Meanwhile, my pores were growing larger by the day, and I was resigned to knockoff Noxema products from Walgreens. Walking in the doors of Private Edition was pretty much out of the question.
Anyway, I enthusiastically poured my heart out to the glamorous woman in front of me in line. Just like in a fairy tale, Linda Roberts pulled out a business card and a pen and wrote on the back, and I quote, "Give this cute girl one free Therapy Systems product!!" I felt like Charlie Bucket and I wanted to run shrieking out of Provence that I had the golden ticket!!
I went to Private Edition that evening and bought Topical A, which I absolutely recommend if you are too sensitive for Retin-A. Since then, I have become a devotee. I religiously use the Glycolic in the morning, and I believe that all the line's glycolic treatments are the best on the market. I try to do the peels several times a year.
Anyway, over the labor day weekend, that brilliant Linda Roberts ran a special on the Line Tox for eyes at the Cosmetic Market (this is Linda's younger, hipper, all sorts of fun products cosmetic boutique). It is normally $70, and she had it on sale for $35. It fights both puffiness and crow's feet. I have tried lots of eye creams over the past couple of years: the Oil of Olay Pro-X, L'Oreal Regenerist, two different Clinique things, and some Lancome stuff. The Line Tox really seems to work and is second only to Creme de la Mer (which is just ridiculously thick and creamy). The Line Tox overall, is an exceptional value for high performance. It is great under makeup and I think that I am seeing some decreased eye puffiness, which is the bane of my 33 year old life. It is smooth under make-up and seems to make a visible difference after I put it on right when I wake up. I am a huge fan and really consider it a relative value at $70, though am quite pleased I only had to pay $35!!! Thanks Linda Roberts.
(PS-I have only seen Linda Roberts once since I saw her at Provence. She walked past a window where I was eating lunch with my mother, and she had a Chanel bag!!!!!)

No comments: