Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day: I Celebrated Early


It is Labor Day weekend, and I made the decision to celebrate early. I slept late (7:30 AM) and had a Grab the Gold Bar and some green tea. I took Ivan on a four mile run in the jog stroller, came home and mindlessly surfed the Internet and read through Midnight Sun (Edward's version of Twilight). It was thoroughly enjoyable.
My husband took Ivan to get coffee so that I could get ready to attend a funeral. There was a sudden death in the family of a swim friend, and I attended the grave side service this morning. My husband brought me a decaf soy latte from Starbucks. This is all I ever drink from Starbucks, unless I get a Vivano. I am having a love affair with Vivanos.
So, It was my first Pentecostal ceremony, and I thought it was great. It was evangelical, and we sang "It is Well With My Soul" in girl and boy parts, which I had not done since college. This was followed by a rousing acapella solo by the minister. I was not familiar with the song, but it involved death not holding us. It was just great. It was an uplifting service, and I was so glad to have attended.
I stopped by the Cosmetic Market on the way home. I needed eye cream and they were running a special on their Therapy Systems Line Detox for Eyes cream. It is normally $78 and it was marked down to $35 for their Labor Day special. Exciting!!!!! I will tell you how it works later. I also bought some sparkly nail polish by OPI, called My Private Jet. It is sparkly.
Confession: Everytime I go to the Cosmetic Market, I buy nail polish. I can't even stop myself. It is my favorite thing.
Also, I had a long conversation with the shop-girl at the Cosmetic Market about matte finishes on nail color. Supposedly, matte finishes are all the rage for fall and winter. I felt like I needed the inside scoop. She said, that matte finishes are very high maintenance and should be saved for EVENTS. Day to day should be a regular gloss finish. Just so you know!!
So, I came home and handed off the baby from my husband. He went mountain biking and I fed Ivan lunch and took him for a walk. Then came home and Ivan took a nap. I also took a nap. Pizza for dinner and I am vegging out in front of the television watching Jockeys and reading Home, by Marilynne Robinson. It is just as good or better than her companion novel Gilead. I can't wait to review it for you!!!!!
Lake swim tomorrow morning!!!!

Pic is one of my son's first pics after coming home from the hospital.

1 comment:

Missy said...

OH no, who passed?

Don't you love Jockey's? What's more enjoyable than little people with severe eating disorders riding horses;)