Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friday Workout: I only got in the Swim



I got out of the house and to swim on time. I have gone light on my runs, since I have felt a little depleted after last weekend's race.
PRIZE UPDATE: My great friend Karen was at the awards ceremony, and she claimed my prize for me. It was a $20 gift certificate to Dick's Sporting Goods. Thrilling!!! They carry all sorts of things I might wear at Dicks.
Dennis had a great swim workout for us today:
  • 6 x 100 swim (1:45) Evens IM
  • 8 x 50 kick
  • 4 x 200 swim 3:15
  • 2 x 400 pull with paddles
  • 6 x 100 swim (1:45) Evens IM
3200 meters all together, which is usually what I shoot for. I tried to keep up with Jaime on the 100's, and I made it for about two and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

I tried to take Ivan to swim with his coach, but she was away for the day. We came home and took a walk, put Ivan down for a nap, and I finished watching Frost/ Nixon. Frost/Nixon turned out to be great. It seemed to really convey the brokenness of Nixon as a man as well as the insecurities that seemed to plague him as he competed to be a politician in an an atmosphere that he perceived to be for more privileged individuals than himself. It also showed the desperation with which Frost approached the interviews and the hit he would have taken if he had failed to sell the series of interviews with Nixon. I am hoping to rent the real interviews between Frost/Nixon so that I can compare.
Finally, I headed out for dinner and drinks!!! Fun times on a Friday!!!
Pics are Ivan's first balloon and Ivan's first encounter with Rebound.

No comments: