Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thursday/Friday: The Internet Has Been Down for Two Days


So the Internet has been down for two full days at our house. Hard times. How do I do my endless Internet browsing while watching television? How do I check my email one million times per day? Who knows how many EBay battles I have lost or how many gofugyourself posts I have missed. I have had to get my news from Matt Lauer, which feels like getting it from a game of gossip. All I learned about Moammar Kadafi's recent trip to New York is that he stayed in a
Bedouin tent on one of Donald Trump's properties. Surely, he
did more that that, and I MISSED IT!!!!
Anyway, Thursday saw me getting in a run, some yoga, and Gilad. My hip is feeling better, but I am still trying to baby the situation.
Friday, I had a great swim with Dennis. Workout as follows:
  • 200 swim/ 4 x 50 kick/ 200 pull/ 200 swim
  • 500 swim all out for time (I think my time was 8ish minutes)
  • 3 x 400 pull on 7:00
  • 1 x 500 swim
  • 3 x 100 swim IM (3400 yards in all)
I swam really hard yesterday. Ending with the IM really takes it out of you as you feel like your heart is pounding out of your chest. I came home super hungry and ate a salmon burger, broccoli and peanut butter on a gluten-free waffle. Gluten free waffle = pretty tasty; though I miss the fiber count of my beloved Kashi flaxseed waffles.
I went into work for a few hours and stopped by The Food Company on the way home. They have this great Superfoods sandwich called Turkey # 2. It is pulled turkey, artichoke spread, roasted red peppers, baby spinach on sourdough bread. I get mine on the whole grain bread so that I can get it an extra superfood. I also got the Food Company salad which is full of fresh greens and avocados, and toasted pecans. It was great. I came home and started on my final disk of Dexter: Season 3. Dexter is a serial killer, and I kind of love him. Season three ended on an only slightly unbelievable note. So, I was quite satisfied.



No comments: