Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday: The Rain is Getting to Me



So today, it was raining so hard that there was no way to run with the jog stroller. All day it was a complete downpour, and we were absolutely stranded in the house. So, I packed Ivan up in his new rain coat and toted him to the pool so that he could work with Kennette for a while on his floating and swimming. While in the pool Ivan inhaled water and choked until he vomited, TWICE. TWICE. I can't even tell you what a leper you become when your child vomits on you in the pool. It is both socially inappropriate and revolting.
Do you get out of the pool, do you stay in? How do you handle it? And how do babies vomit and then behave as if nothing happened? Anyway, Ivan floated and kicked like a champ.
We got home and Ivan napped briefly. I made it through Gilad and part of CoreMax with Cathe Friedrich, while it poured outside. (Coremax, by the way, will make your abs ache for the rest of the week. I have to do it more often)
I pulled myself together and went into work for a few hours. The rain finally stopped at 6:00 PM, and I was able to do a four mile jog stroller run. After the jog stroller run, I was able to finish CoreMax, get through yoga and a 12 count Crane Balance. If all goes as planned, I will be up at 4:30 AM for early swim with Ashley and Dee, as I can't make 8:30 AM swim with Dennis.

No comments: