Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday: The Sugar-Bust Begins


So this morning, I slept a little late and missed my morning run, which means that I had to do the jog stroller run at 6:00 PM when I got home from work. I sprinted about the house and got ready for Bible study.
I did all my homework this week and asked for a student supplement to go with our study so that I could have extra questions and have enough space to write out all my answers. This is because in my heart of hearts, I am the nerdiest person that I know. I just wish my Bible Study came with cross word puzzles as well.
Ivan went unwillingly, but without last week's show of toddler violence, into the nursery. He has been living on Pedialite and toast; though Ivan has born up rather well under this depressing culinary existence.
After my sweet potato pie weekend and white wine and cupcake baby shower, I am beginning, what I plan to be, a two week sugar-bust. Also, the chess square meltdown and my Hood To Coast food debacle. I am just eating whatever comes near my mouth lately, and it is ridiculous. The terms of my sugar bust are as follows:
  • no candy
  • no cookies or other baked goods
  • no sweet drinks except for one Sweet Leaf tea per week on Tuesdays at Bible study
Sweets that are allowed:
  • Orange juice
  • Grab the Gold bars, but no more than one a day
  • Gum, though it is imperative that I do not get a sweets craving and eat an entire pack of gum at one sitting. This might have happened before.
Rewards that I am thinking about at the end of the Sugar Bust:
  • small box Godiva truffles
  • Christie cookie sandwich cookie
  • Butter Finger Blast with extra Butter Finger from Sonic
  • Flourless Chocolate Dome from PF Changs. This might be one of the best Restaurant Desserts out there. No Joke. Also, relatively good for you as no flour, plus lots of fresh berries.
I am enlisting Marshall as my sugar bust buddy, though he is doubtful about his commitment to the no-sugar drinks. I find a sugar-bust partner to be integral to the success of the sugar-bust. Also, I will blog about my sugar-bust for back-up accountability. I feel that my system is flawless.
The rest of my day was great. I was able to get in a Gilad, a Cathe Freidrich, and a bit of Yoga before work. I watched Monday night's Rachel Zoe Project, which was thoroughly enjoyable. I learned a lot about fall looks and have decided that I am desperately in need of legging jeans and more tunic tops. I will keep you posted on the perfect pair of leggings.
Got in a good afternoon at work and finished The Help, look for my upcoming review!!
I started my new book Rebel Giants!!!

No comments: