Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Sunday When Nothing Went Right


So, I finished posting my blog last night and sat down to finish watching The Watchmen with my husband.

Have you seen The Watchmen? It is pretty cool visually and

has a really neat superhero concept, as well as the best use of a Bob Dylan song in a film EVER, in my opinion. Please click the link and watch. Overall, The Watchmen is too long.

Three hours is painful to my attention span and the story kept hopping forwards and backwards. We kept watching it on fast forward, because we just couldn't see an end in sight.

Anyway, most importantly, as we were watching, a horrible sneeze attack descended on me and just got worse and worse and worse. My eyes turned all bloodshot, and

I rapid fire sneezed four a good few hours. Full on misery.

I feel that I picked up some terrible pollen at the graveside service yesterday as well as a horrendous case of chiggers.

So, I scratched and sneezed my way through the movie and took a late shower to wash off the pollen and put new sheets on the bed and took benadryl. Had a terrible nights sleep and woke up to the alarm with my eyes swollen so that I looked like a bug. Long story short, I bailed on lake swim with the idea of swimming later in the day at the rec pool. Also, I bailed on church.

When I did get myself up and running, I had a cup of coffee and a cup of tea and packed Ivan up to run in the jog stroller. For whatever reason, Ivan was not having it. He screamed the entire time until I was overcome with parent guilt, that maybe something was really the matter. I pulled him out of the job stroller and checked him all over for any hurts, but nothing.

He just didn't want to get in the jog stroller and every time I tried to put him back, he arched his little back completely stiff and refused to bend into a sitting position screaming all the while. He was completely contented to be held while I walked pushing the jog stroller the whole way home feeling mightily sorry for myself.

The whole day devolved after this. I did get in a run while my husband stayed with Ivan, and I got in yoga and Gilad while he napped. My swim got cancelled when it started raining and the outdoor crowd at the rec center moved inside, making it too crowded for lane swimming. I finished knitting a sweater for Ivan, the neckline of which is ridiculously gaping. Just way way to0 large for an 18 month old. So much work, so little fruit.

Bleh. Maybe better tomorrow at Franklin Classic assuming nothing goes amiss.

No comments: