Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday: Double Swim


Today, I was up early and it was, of course, raining; Nashville fall is all about the rain. I made a smoothie, but my blender died on me this morning and I had to complete the smoothie in the Cuisinart. The Cuisinart actually made a better and smoother smoothie, but it is a lot of trouble. Elliott rolled in with a new Oster blender when he got home from work. Thrilling!!!!
Anyway, Ivan and I made it to swim and I got in about 2600 yards, as follows:
  • 200 swim/ 400 pull with paddles
  • 2 x 75 @ 1:30
  • 2 x 25 all out
  • repeat above four times
  • 2 x 300 swim @ 4:00
  • 3 x 200 swim @ 6:00
Nick was there today, and it is so much more fun to have someone to swim with in the morning. It was great!!
Last night, when I was reading Rebel Giants, I turned a page and $7 fell out. So exciting!!!! (It was a used book from Amazon) I used it to go to Starbucks on the way home from swim. At home, I made 11 fundraising calls for Learningpalooza, which is the fundraiser that Learning Matters, the not-for-profit that I work for, is hosting in November.
I was then able to get in a run, because Ivan woke up and it stopped raining. I loaded Ivan into the jog stroller with his bottle of pedialite, and we ran two miles away from the house and the bottom fell out of the sky like I have rarely seen. I was drenched. Ivan's Chariot has a rain cover, so he was dry.
We dried out and I had dinner and got ready to go back to swim. Night swim workout as follows:
  • 300 warm-up
  • 8 x 50 alternating swim and butterfly
  • 4 x 100 on 1:40
  • 4 x 50 breast stroke
  • 4 x 100 swim descend
  • 6 x 50 swim/backstroke
  • 3 x 100 swim descend
  • some other things I can't remember
  • 2 x 200 pull for cool down
All this came out to around 3200 yards.
Came home and made a massive grocery list. MASSIVE. The sugar-bust is going great!!

No comments: