Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Workout: I swam at 5:00 AM






I got out of bed at 4:35 AM today, because I could not fit in the 8:30 AM swim this morning. I was clearly smoking crack when I actually got out of bed. No lie, 4:35 AM is seriously early. I got in 2800 meters and felt great actually.
Workout as follows:
  • 400 warm-up
  • Blur of some swimming that I can't remember because it was 5:00 AM in the morning
  • 400 pull without paddles
  • 8 x 50 fast
  • 300 pull without paddles
  • 6 x 50 fast
  • 200 pull without paddles
  • 4 x 50 fast
  • 100 pull
  • 2 x 50 fast
  • 6 x 50 (first 25 of each 50 without breathing)


Also, it feels great to roll back into the house at 6:55 AM with the bulk of your workout finished. I got home and loaded Ivan into the jog stroller for a three mile run. I felt great, but 8:43 PM finds me fading fast.
I took a day trip with my mom and sister, and then went to a whole-sale pearl show, where I bought a great pair of pearl cluster earrings (Two Pearls). They are pictured above.
When I got home, two new books had arrived:
  • The Elegance of the Hedgehog
  • The Help
I have already started The Help, and it seems like a great read. Hope to be finished by the time Rebel Giants arrives.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Cute earrings...I'm over this rain I tell ya. I'm going to hit the ISC for a swim at some point today... I swear.

caroline G said...

Why did you put a bug huge preggers picture of me on there?? Just for meanness? IS this what it is like to live in Seattle?