Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Workout: Swim, Gilad, Yoga, and Chocolate Cake


Ooooh, I got a fabulous night's sleep last night, and I missed my run. So worth it, however. SO WORTH IT. I am so thrilled over a great night's sleep. It was almost as good as the back seat of the Hood to Coast van!!!
Anyway, I did get to swim and had a great workout. I tried to keep up with Jaimie and Annie. Jaime and Annie are master's level swimmers and they swam in high school and maybe college. Long time age group swimmers are way out of my league. They have Phelps-like grace in the water. They can dolphin swim off the wall, they can dive off the blocks like champs, and you should see their butterfly. It took everything I had to make their intervals, let alone get to the wall at the same time they did.
Here is Dennis' workout for today:
  • 200 swim/ 200 drill
  • 3 x 200 swim (no interval)
  • 12 x 100 (odds IM/ evens swim) 2:00
  • 400 pull 7:00
  • 6 x 100 swim descend 1:50
3200 hundred meters in all!! Water was cold, but it was a great swim. My dive is not improving at all, I think I panic and look up at the last minute. My summer goal was to dive off the blocks, but the summer is over, sports fans, and I have not reached my goal. Maybe I will get there by Christmas.
By the way, is everyone familiar with IM. IM stands for Individual Medley, and it means that you start out with the butterfly stroke for the first 25 yards, then go on to 25 backstroke, then go to 25 breast stroke and finish with 25 free style. The butterfly stroke is really hard for me and I have no fluidity. It sends my heart racing out of my chest and I am always so relieved to get to the backstroke so that I can breathe easily.
I do the IM with fins on, because I pretty much can't make three yards of the butterfly without fins. Fins also help with the backstroke and the freestyle. Fins DO NOT help the breaststroke. You have to dolphin kick with fins instead of breaststroke kick, and it is like a train wreck in the middle of your IM sequence, or mine anyway.
So, I picked up Ivan from the nursery, and he was in baby time out. BABY TIME OUT. He apparently turned over the baby snack table, was told "no", then ran to the baby snack table and turned it over again, was told "no", then turned over the baby snack table for the third time and had to sit in Ms. Glenda's lap, which apparently constitutes baby time out.
Got home, and did Gilad and Yoga. Yoga was a lot of balancing and upward facing dog. Felt great. Headed out to my parents' home for dinner. Fabulous chocolate cake for dessert. Two pieces!!

1 comment:

Nick said...

Well obviously Ms Glenda needs to get some new snacks!