Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday: One Hour on the Trainer

So, today I took Ivan to practice his swimming at the MTSS indoor pool. He did a great job of floating on his back, and I am just pleased that he has retained the information because it was expensive and redoing it would surely mean that I would not get to have a new pair of jeans or maybe a beaded Feed Bag. So we are keeping up our practice on a weekly basis.
Workout wise, today was less than great. I was able to get in some Gilad and some work with my foam roller. My goal was to be on the trainer for 1 and 1/2 hours. This seemed like an insufferable amount of time and honestly, I spent all day dreading it. There are people in my swim class who I have heard talk about staying on the trainer for hours at a time. More than two hours is something I can't imagine. Anyway, Missy told me that she DVRs an hour and half of television and then rides in zone two while the show is on and the rides in zone three during commercials. I made it through Saturday Night Weekend Update Thursday edition and Parks and Recreation. Only one hour. My husband helpfully told me that he doesn't think that there is any point in staying on a trainer for longer than 45 minutes. I almost wish he hadn't told me this opinion, as I will now probably never be able to stay on for longer than 45 minutes ever. EVER. Also, tonight, for a different vibe, I put a phonebook under the wheel since the back wheel is elevated by the trainer and without front elevation it simulates a downhill ride. However, the phonebook scooted around, and from time to time I would have to step out of the pedals and kick the phonebook into place. Also, disappointing, I think that I mostly stayed in zone one. I was just a wuss on the trainer.
Anyway, I was actually supposed to host book club tonight, but no one finished the book and most people couldn't come, so we postponed the event in favor of getting coffee sometime next week.
Anyway, swim tomorrow!!!! So much more fun than the trainer!!!! Sugar bust going well, only four more days left.

No comments: