Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday: My Three Mile Run Felt Great!!!!



So today, I overslept. It is clearly the way I operate in the month of October. I vaulted out of bed and had breakfast with Ivan. Because I overslept, I had to take a shower with Ivan. If I had gotten up at the appropriate time, I could have showered blissfully alone and Ivan could have hung out with his dad. I am not a smart cookie and had to shower with my son.
I call my mode with Ivan right now "suicide watch". There is no leaving him anywhere alone. If he is left alone even briefly, there is a very real chance that he will end his life in an ill thought endeavor to french kiss a wall socket or pull an urn onto his head. Bless him, he just can't help himself.
Anyway, I took a most unfortunate shower with Ivan trying to steal my razor and drink my shampoo. He also took the opportunity to poop in the shower, which started me off on the wrongest of wrong feet. It was hard times.
I did get out the door to Bible study. We covered Romans 3, and it was a great lesson. Ivan came home and took a great nap, and I played travel agent. I planned our trip to Boston. Airfare cost me exactly $124 for two people to Boston!!!! Can you believe it??!! I am now working on hotels which may require me to hand over a kidney. It is going to be a crazy expensive trip.
Anyway, I had a great 3.5 mile run with the jog stroller and felt pretty good. I think I actually feel better than after my 1 mile run yesterday. I switched my work afternoon to tomorrow, so I was able to run to the mall and research my big October purchase. I have been having a love affair with the Coach Fayth Boot (pictured above). When I went into the mall today to check my sizing, (by the way, I had to size down a full size to a 6.5), the boot was on sale for 50% off of the regular price. So, I went ahead and got them and will be purchasing nothing else except for a crazy expensive trip to Boston this year.
I came home had dinner with the baby before bath and bedtime. I hopped on the trainer for a 30 minute ride (still no heart rate monitor) and watched Rachel Zoe. She is having troubles with her health and her assistant. Nothing compared to my shower issues this morning, but troubles all the same. Sitting down to watch The Soup and knit my fabulous sweater.

2 comments:

Missy said...

OMG, the poop in the shower may have sent me into a downward spiral for the entire day.

caroline G said...

Love the boots! Did you notice that Rachel Zoe glanced at the Camera when the Dr. asked if she was eating? Hmmmm....I watched the Soup last night too. It was a good one.