Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday: A Good Workout


So today, things were looking up. Ivan had a bit of a runny nose and a cough and sneeze and these days there are signs outside of every nursery encouraging you to stay at home if you have a hint of sickness. So we stayed home from church. I rode the trainer while Ivan was napping. Today, I watched Project Runway while I rode, and I just about melted down when Epperson got kicked off. Epperson was my pick to win Project Runway this season. I mean his outfit on this week's episode did indeed look like some kind of pirate/Oktoberfest ensemble, but his western outfit was ART. I also felt like he was a calming force on the whole group. Logan should definitely have gone home with his ridiculous wedding dress pants suit, and now Irina is my pick to win. Irina has been a serious force to be reckoned with and her wedding dress remake was lovely. It should have won. Anyway, I got in a good ride, even though my heart rate monitor petered out completely. I am a little uncertain of how to gauge myself with the heart rate monitor. It seems that there is a good chance that I am just tooling along on the bike in the slacker zone.
I made a trip to Cosco for diapers and such, before getting back home to trade off the baby with my husband so I could get to swim. Swim workout as follows:
  • 300 warmup
  • 4 x 50 swim
  • 6 x 150 kick with fins various ways (butterfly, six-kick-switch, back, ect.)
  • 1 x 400 swim
  • 1 x 300 swim
  • 1 x 200 swim
  • 1 x 100 swim
  • 4 x 200 IM
  • 4 x 10 pull
This all comes out to 3400 meters. Which was a great workout. I got in some yoga and am about to get started on my knitting. Haven't finished I've Loved You So Long, but I'll let you know.

No comments: