Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday: Just the Run


So today I had ambitions of the run, Gilad, and yoga. I did get in a fourish mile run, as Ivan fell asleep in the jog stroller. I probably should have just run until he woke up. I might have gotten in 6 miles or so, but I dutifully came home after four miles, so that I could try to start the mammoth job of straightening the house. The house has been sitting in shambles since the window remodel, the adding of molding to the bathrooms and kitchen, and the changing out of my winter and summer clothes. My closet is now a moth's heaven of wools and cashmeres. All my silk and linen and voile has been moved into plastic tubs in the unreachable parts of my closet.
Ivan is in rare form these days and napping just terribly. When his eyes are open there is mass destruction in his wake. Today I am missing one bottle of Retin-A, one shoe, a hi-liter (which will do doubt resurface topless). Temporarily I was missing a blue crayon, but when I made the mistake of taking a moment to use the bathroom, I came back into the kitchen to discover our white cabinets and door scribbled with indigo. It took a solid half hour to scrub down the cabinets and door after wrestling the crayon from Ivan's king-fu grip. I have rarely seen such great determination in regards to something so small. There was much wailing, protesting, wringing of hands, and frenzied mourning. I only found half the crayon, by the way. The other half is, no doubt, ferreted away in the bowels of our home where only Ivan knows to re-emerge at an appropriate time, like as dinner guests are walking in the door or my mother-in-law visits. Oh, he has plans for that half a crayon, I assure you.
Anyway, I then attended to the house and the changing over of clothes. Everything is in its place, but Gilad and yoga were neglected. We had a great dinner of salmon burgers and brown rice with mint and pistachios. I am watching Brahm Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder. I really like Gary Oldman and it is a role that reminds me of his role as Sirius Black in Harry Potter.
Hopefully, tomorrow is double swim Wednesday. Bible study was great today. We are in the third chapter of Romans!!

1 comment:

plantswoman said...

utterly hilarious! I'm sorry about the crayon, but hey, you may have a budding Picasso on your hands.