Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday: Double Swim Plus Hair Care Bonanza




So today, I got to the pool at a reasonable time. The pool was much warmed since Monday. Monday the water temp was 77 degrees; today, the water temp was 83 degrees. There was much concern by the life guards and pool managers as they shot the water with the digital temp reader. It is supposedly rather dangerous to swim too much in water that is too warm, and it is a weird feeling, like your body wants to sweat, but can't. I have to say, it was heaven when I dove in this morning. Workout as follows:
  • 200 swim/200 pull/ 200 kick/ 200 swim
  • 2 x 400 swim @ 7:00
  • 4 x 200 swim @ 3:30
  • 10 x 100 swim @ 1:50
Great swim and I got in 3400 meters. I forgot all my shower stuff however, so I had to go without. I got home and had lunch with Ivan and worked around the house. I turned the house UPSIDE DOWN looking for my Retin-A. I am now paranoid that Ivan threw it in the trash and I took the trash out before I realized the grim possibility.
While Ivan napped, I was able to get the kitchen clean and take a shower. I also did Gilad!! When Ivan woke up, he accompanied me to the Cosmetic Market to aid in my pursuit of shiny hair. I had a store credit and bought 2 Fekkai products: Brilliant Glossing and Salon Glaze. I also bought a Molton Brown Defining Caju Hair Texture. I have not used styling creme in a long time, as I am always scared that the alcohol properties will further dry my pool dried hair. Please wait for reviews, I will let you know.
OK, so I then went to swim number two. Our workout involved a lot of backstroke, which is my worst stroke. I could not backstroke myself out of the bathtub, so I had to swim at the back of the pack. Workout as follows:
  • 8 x 25 backstroke
  • 8 x 25 backstroke
  • 4 x 50 double arm backstroke
  • 4 x 75 (25 back/ 25 free/ 25 back)
  • 4 x 100 free
  • 900 pull
Not a long workout, but it is off season, so we are working on technique. I hit Maggie Moo's on the way home. The Guernsy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is light and gripping. I am loving it!!

No comments: