Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday: Just a Swim


So, today, I only got in a swim. This is sort of my day off. I got to the pool late, but still got in 3200 meters. The workout went as follows:
  • 200 swim/200 pull/200 pull/ 200 swim
  • 6 x 200 swim @ 4:00
  • 500 pull
  • 7 x 100 swim @ 2:00
Now, the first 200 pull was actually supposed to be a 200 kick, and oh-how-I-love to get in the lane by myself in the morning with a kick board and fins and kick a couple of hundred while I think my thoughts. Today, however, I was rocking some epic blisters on either side of my big toes, so there was no way to put on fins, and I am a big wuss about kicking without fins. So, I did some extra pulling. I could have done the 7 x 100 swims on 1:50, but it is so much easier to calculate your time on a multiple of 60 leave time, so that is what I did.
Next, I would like to take this opportunity to complain a bit more about the trainer. Another difficulty with the trainer is choosing my times. Ideally, I would get up in the morning before everyone else is awake and ride, but the trainer is quite loud and the the television has to be turned up even louder to hear it over the spinning wheels and trainer friction. This means that I can't do it while my husband is sleeping, because the proximity of the only room for the trainer to our bedroom means that my husband would be woken up an hour before the desired time. I cannot ride when the baby is awake, because he sits beside the trainer and tries to stick his fingers in the spokes or tries to grab my foot as it makes the round on the pedal meaning that someone could lose a finger.
So, my trainer time is typically at 8:00 PM, after we get the baby to bed and I am changed and set up. This means that tomorrow night, I will hop on and catch up on my Rachel Zoe and finish watching Saturday Night Live, which is in such great form these days, by the way.
My hip is feeling better and my sugar bust is officially over tomorrow. My friend Robin is coming to spend the day with me and I have Bible study tomorrow!!!! What will my sugar bust treat be??? I am really considering the Sonic Blast with extra Butterfinger!!!!! Also, our windows came in today, and are going to be finished tomorrow.

No comments: