Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday: Aaaaahhh Nyquil





















So last night, I had the sickness and decided it was Nyquil worthy.I love a Nyquil worthy sickness as it means a fabulous night's sleep. It was great, though I did wake up with a slight Nyquil hangover, which I was forced to sleep off during Ivan's naptime. When Ivan and I woke up, we watched The Wiggles. The Wiggles are completely mind numbing and typically Ivan doesn't watch television, but today, he was all about sitting and watching The Wiggles with me. The Wiggles are baffling, because they don't really endorse anything like good manners or letters or sounds or numbers. They just sing and dance and, I can only assume, drink heavily when off camera. They are four reasonable looking men, and I will be honest, Anthony(blue shirt pictured above) crosses the line into heterosexual attractiveness. He has lovely eyes and seems pretty red blooded for a Wiggle. It is surprising, yes, but if you watched, you would agree. Also, the Wiggles are Australian, which I think gives them an exotic appeal. Ivan sat through two Wiggles shows, which makes me think he is beginning to like television (which I consider a blessing and a curse) or he is ill. After Ivan bored of The Wiggles I took him to the pool to swim with Miss Kennette. He practiced his jumping, his rolling, his floating, and his getting to the stairs. He jumped and floated like a champ and got to have his reward lollipop. When we came home, he took a nap, and I finished watching Father Goose,which is a Cary Grant/ Leslie Caron classic. I watched Gigi last week and don't even get me started about my love affair with Daddy Longlegs. There is nothing better than Fred Astaire. Father Goose was reasonably good, but it was no Gigi or Daddy Longlegs. When Ivan went down to sleep for the night, I knitted to my heart's content. Sweatermoving along at a lovely pace!!!

No comments: