Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday: No Double Swim

So, I woke up this morning feeling ill, and yes, I did oversleep. My temperature was normal, however, so I schlepped myself and Ivan to swim. I swam a hard 3000 meters with Nick!!!! Nick only comes to morning swim on Wednesdays, and they are my best swims because I have someone to compete a bit with and hold me accountable to my intervals. Workout as follows:
  • 300 swim
  • 6 x 150 (50 drill/ 100 swim) @ 2:30
  • 8 x 25 kick choice @ :40 (we did it without fins and there is no chance I made the interval)
  • 5 x 100 pull @ 1:45
  • 8 x 25 kick @ :40 (with fins this time, so I made the interval)
  • 8 x 75 (25 drill/ 50 swim) @ 1:20
  • 5 x 50 swim
It was a great workout and If I had gotten to the pool on time, it would have been greater.
After swim, Ivan got a little nap, and I pulled myself together to head to the mall to get some shoes for Ivan with my mother-in-law. He behaved as per usual for Ivan in a mall setting. He refused to sit in his stroller, he ran around, vaulted out of everyone's arms, and attempted to thieve balloons from many a shop in a violent guerilla style. It is his way.
We headed home. I worked a bit, and decided I was too sick to do double swim. We had pizza from Jet's Pizza, and CONFESSION: I got lost. I got lost in the small town of Franklin where I live. CONFESSION: If I had lived 100 years ago, I would have gotten lost and perished on the way to the barn to milk the cow. I can barely find my way to the end of the driveway. I would have lead Lewis and Clark to their deaths if I had been Sacagawea. I drove around in circles for 15 minutes in a relatively small town looking balefully at the GPS wondering why it was being so cruel. I returned home from a 15 minute trip in 40 minutes. It is most unfortunate.
Tomorrow, I am visiting the orthopedic surgeon. I am feeling pretty good with minimal pain, so I am feeling a little silly going tomorrow, but feel I should go. I can't foul up my Boston trip!!!!
Picture is of me running the Huntsville Marathon last December!!!! I am the one in all black.

No comments: