Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday: Day Off


Today, I got up and hopped in the car to drive to Birmingham for a last baby-free weekend with my sister. Lots of fun, we shopped around and had great lunch and dinner. I had a crazy delicious piece of quiche at The Broken Egg and three cookies from Savages Bakery. Savage's is the only bakery I have been to in a long time where you can obtain a reasonable size cookie; like the normal sized cookies that you would make at your home if you were following a Nestle Toll House recipe. So when I say I ate three cookies, I didn't eat THREE cookies; just three cookies: a chocolate chip, a pecan sandie, and a ghost cookie. We continued looking for baby things and such, I got Ivan's Easter smock suit and a lovely dress for me. We then hung out at home and had dinner at Chez Fonfon. I had an amazing tuna with a pot de creme' for dessert. What a lovely day. Ivan stayed with his dad, so I have taken a shower and gotten ready and had dinner without any worries or responsibilities. Good times. First time in 18 months!!!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Sounds pretty damn perfect to me!