Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday: Superfood Meltdown



Oh yes, friends, today was my fourth consecutive day without a workout and I ate at McDonald's twice today. I did have a cup of green tea today, but THAT WAS MY ONLY SUPERFOOD. I am fearful. I am sure that my body is oxididating and that tomorrow I will wake up with 5 extra pounds, diverticulitis, and congenital heart disease.
My mom and I drove down to Birmingham for my sister's baby shower and to see her
nursery. The shower was just wonderful and it was lovely to meet my sister's friends and
indulge in BABY SHOWER FOOD. Baby shower food consisted of white bread cucumber,
chicken salad and pimento cheese sandwiches, fresh berries, quiche, scones and petit fours.
I might have crossed into the double digits with my sandwich triangles. OK, the berries were
a Superfood, but they had been masticating in a sugar substance. I refuse to admit the quantity
of my quiche intake and I ate the petit fours so quickly, I can barely remember what they tasted
like. Also, there was fruit tea, and here is what I have to say about fruit tea - if an alcoholic
feels the amount of inner turmoil when confronted with unsupervised alcohol that I feel
when confronted with a pitcher of fruit tea, then their lives are bitter fruits. I was overwhelmed by
the desire to take the pitcher of fruit tea and sprint into the bathroom where I could lock the door
and dump it down my gullet. I thought longingly of a funnel or a fishbowl to slurp from.
I mean I surely have some serious food issues, but my sister had a lovely shower and
received some lovely gifts. We headed back to her house and assembled her bassinet before
Mom and I hit the road and went to McDonald's (since the egg and bacon biscuit that I had for
breakfast was just not enough fast food for one day). I had a hamburger and a milkshake.
Oh yes, sports fans, I am hitting the workout tomorrow and I am Superfood bound. Swim, run
yoga and Gilad. It is all happening.

1 comment:

LeannBarron said...

can I tell you how hysterically funny you are? sooo proud of you!!!!!! keep it up! Love, Auntie.