Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday: Halloween




So today was Ivan's second Halloween, and I woke up this morning with a plan. We had a Halloween party that began at 3:00, and Ivan had to get in the perfect nap before going to the party lest he behave horribly. The nap is integral. INTEGRAL. So my plan was for him to take one big afternoon nap starting at 12:00, but I made the mistake of taking Ivan on my run with me and he fell sound asleep in the jog stroller and he slept for about 45-ish minutes. This so had the potential to ruin the possibility of the long nap. If you take the edge off a baby's sleepiness with a brief snooze, you can RUIN the long nap. I was full of serious fear that I had ruined the long nap and Ivan would be IVAN THE TERRIBLE at the party.
It turned out fine. Ivan still took a fabulous afternoon nap, and woke up and allowed himself to be dressed in his jack-o-lantern sweatshirt. At the party, he wore his dragon costume with no complaints. He did run about with increasing hysteria, but was overall reasonably well-behaved. After the party he had a good visit with his great-grandmother and then his grandparents.
On the workout front, I ran 4.5 miles with the jog stroller and then did a Gilad workout, which I completely negated with my food intake. My friend Dru, brought some amazing homemade ginger snaps to Ivan. He managed to eat one of them and I managed to eat two, after the bowl or chili, after the brie bites which I lost count of, some sort of delicious artichoke dip and some m&m's and a couple of snickers bites. Also, Mary Helen sent home part of the brie with me. I am already thinking about scrambling it into my eggs tomorrow morning. Maybe I will do that, and then get back on my Superfoods agenda on Monday. This is what I am thinking for now.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Sweet boy! Get him all juiced up with some sugar!