Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday: I Got to Swim on Time



So today, I got to swim on time. I still woke up late, but I let Ivan go to the nursery in his pajamas and I neglected to brush my teeth or wipe the sleepy mascara our from under my eyes. I waltzed into the pool at 8:25 AM, got Ivan to the nursery and was standing on the edge of the pool at 8:30 AM. Oh yes, I am a champion. I had my smoothie in the car and drank my green tea as I was walking into the rec center, and I really am quite proud of myself. When I got to the edge of the pool, Dennis informed me that there had been an air conditioner malfunction and the pool temperature had been sucked down to 77 degrees. 77 degrees is cold, sports fans. When I stuck my toe in the water it felt icy, and when I got my nerve up to dive into the water, it took my breath away. Workout as follows:
  • 200 swim/ 6 x 50 kick/ 200 pull/ 200 drill/ 200 swim
  • 3 x 500 swim @ 8:00
  • 4 x 100 swim @ 1:55
  • 4 x 100 swim @ 1:50
  • 2 x 100 swim @ 1:45
That came out to 3600 meters. A great workout and quick swimming the whole way so as not to get hypothermia. I came home and ironed, before having some lunch and getting ready for work. I got home a little before 6:00 PM and loaded Ivan into the jog stroller for a three mile run. Did a bit of Yoga and no Gilad. Also, four cookie meltdown at work. FOUR COOKIE MELTDOWN. No Rachel Zoe, the season finale was last week. Drinking Gnarly Head!!!

1 comment:

Missy said...

I brought my wetsuit to TEST last Sunday...and wore it the whole practice withOUT issue. Yep, it was cold and sounds like it's dropping. I'm going to bring my wetsuit tomorrow too;)