Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday: Such a Lovely Run







Ivan is sleeping like a champ at night, so I woke up a bit late. I had a fabulous Superfoods smoothie. Seriously, my smoothie has four Superfoods in it (blueberries, soy milk and powder, ground flax seed, Greek Yogurt). I also had green tea and white tea and a glass of lemon water as well. Things devolved after that, but it did not sink so low as Sunday's fast food frenzy. For lunch, I indulged in a pimento cheese sandwich on rye with chips.
I had a great run this morning with the baby in the jog stroller. I had a long visit with my parents and loaded down my car with all sorts of baby accoutrements for my sister. I am making a baby-free visit to Birmingham on Saturday morning. I am going to drive the for two and a half full hours without looking in my rearview mirror nervously wondering when the baby will melt down or praying that he will sleep the whole way.
While driving, I am going to finish listening to Angels and Demons, and I also made a CD of great driving music. The Soundtrack to the film Last Kiss is one of the best around. The movie was just ridiculous, one of the silliest I've seen. It called to mind a great quote from my favorite John Updike book In the Beauty of the Lilies, "People in movies seem to run towards what people in their everyday lives would naturally run from." Last Kiss was as much the epitome of that statement as I have ever seen on film, as well as taking itself way too seriously. I will say, that however unbelievable Zach Braff is as a leading man, he apparently chooses the soundtracks to his films. They are GREAT!!! THE GREATEST!!!! Also check out the soundtrack to Garden State, it introduced me to The Shins, check out New Slang. That song will change your life. How did I get to this soundtrack soapbox?? I will stop - Bob Dylan is the greatest, especially Modern Times!!!! I think Thunder on the Mountain is a statement about Dylan's disenfranchisement with America's response to his music over the years. Now, I will stop, but I think that this excitement about proposed soundtracks for a two and a half hour drive is indicative of how much I enjoy a solo road trip.
OK, so I got home from Mom and Dad's, and put Ivan down for a nap, traded off with Kaitlen and headed into work, which was very pleasant. Work food meltdown: Cookie (boo) and Chocolate Cake (hiss) as well as Crazy Delicious Party Turkey sandwich.
I deserve praise for my Superfood dinner of brown rice, broccoli and salmon, after which I got in some Gilad and Yoga. Swim and run tomorrow!! Watching 30 Rock!! I've laughed out loud three times.

No comments: