Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday: Single Swim, Run,and Gilad


Today, I woke up to a steaming crock pot full of steel cut oats. They were just so delicious with soy milk (I am a devotee of vanilla Silk) and a scoop of my protein powder. Ivan and I headed out to swim AND guess what!!! We have a new morning swim coach, Steven, who swam in the Olympic trials in 2008. Amazing right. He pointed out immediately that I was putting my hands in the water at an angle, thumbs first. Then, I was pulling through my stroke with open fingers. With swimming, these crazy kinks pop up in your stroke. You have to be vigilant.
Now, the downside of Steven's first day was that he did not give us a workout printout. He wrote part of the workout on the board, and we went from there. So, I will have to give it to you from memory, and we set out own intervals as we went. Workout as follows:
  • 400 swim
  • 4 x 50 drill (but I worked on my new swim hand positioning)
  • 4 x 50 kick
  • 200 pull
  • 3 x 200 pull
  • 5 x 100 @ 1:50
  • 4 x 50 drill (but I worked on my new swim hand positioning)
  • 4 x 50 kick
  • 200 cool down (we kicked)
So this was 3200, but I did kind of miss my workout printout with intervals. However, I will trade it for what I learned about my swim stroke. I am training with a race now, so I am upping my game.

At home, I made some salmon salad, which was great and got ready for my run. I met my friend Sara to run 11 miles in the park, but it was raining a really icy rain, getting wetter all the time, so cropped the run down to 7.5. Sara was still training for Mountain Mist so we walked a few hills.
I headed into work and did a round of Gilad at home.

1 comment:

scott said...

Betsy I admit that I am a Gilad watcher from way back in the Day.Remember the white reeboks and leg warmers? Do you think Gilad perms his hair?