Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday: Trainer Ride and Gilad




Tennessee has an intense ice thing happening this weekend. My Saturday long run turned out not to be an option, which is a bummer. Not worth the chance of slipping, though. Also, I rather relish sleeping in. It is very nice. Now, usually, sleeping in heralds a long day where I eat at irregular hours and languish away on the couch telling myself that I will get up and brush my teeth after one more episode of You Are What You Eat. It is a BBC show that I just love as it both fascinates and horrifies me. Also, it shows that there are people in the world who eat doughnuts all the time and get take-out any old time, not just as a special treat after they have run a marathon. It just amazes me. If you haven't watched it, you might want to give it a try.
Anyway, today, I managed my time quite well and made a great breakfast and brushed my teeth at an appropriate hour of the morning. We then decided to take Ivan outside. The snow is weird. It is as if it snowed last night and then iced over the snow, SO when you walk, it is as if you are constantly falling through ice. Ivan could walk on the surface, but my husband and I fell through at every step. It made for a really strenuous walk.
While Ivan napped, I was able to get in a 30 minute trainer ride. I maintained 95 to 100 rpm's except when taking my standing breaks. As per usual, I am not in love with the trainer. However, I am hearing fun things about Spinervals. Spinervals are these great DVD's that coach you through a trainer ride. I clearly need them and plan to borrow a couple. Maybe Spinervals will push me to the next level.
After my cycling, I did a great Gilad workout and really meant to accomplish a bit more around the house as I am throwing a baby shower tomorrow. I sat around like a lump, however. I did manage a great lunch and a great dinner. Rewatching The Darjeeling Limited. It is just great; the music, the luggage, the nonchalance and The Kinks.

No comments: