Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday: Swim and Snow


I made it out the door to swim class today, all alone. When the weather is bad, childcare does not always show up at the rec center. There was no weather on the way into swim, but it was bitterly cold. I have to say that it is a weird feeling to dive into a pool in a bikini (the size of which would make my parents uncomfortable) when it is sub-zero outside. When it started snowing, it was even weirder to be kicking back and forth in front to the big glass doors with snow falling. There was not a lot of time to relish the beauty as Steven had us WORKING.
As much of the workout as I can remember:
  • 3 x 75 @ 1:30
  • 3 x 25 @ sprint
  • 3 x 200 pull @ 3:15
  • 6 x 100 @ 1:40
  • 100 easy
  • 8 x 25 no free
  • 8 x 25 drills
  • 8 x 25 kick

Now, I know that I swam at least 3000, so I am forgetting something. Anyway, I made it home safely in spite of the snow and spent the rest of the day at home polishing the silver.
There is something deeply satisfying about polishing silver, and I love it. No run tomorrow as I don't risk a long run in the ice. Hopefully a Gilad workout and the trainer.

No comments: