Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Training with Races!!!




You know, I will be honest, I haven't really planned for any races since Ivan was born. I sort of planned for the Huntsville Rocket City marathon a year ago. Sort of. When I say sort of, I mean that I signed up two weeks before as opposed to two days before. When I say sort of, I had done one long run of 16 miles before the Huntsville Rocket City Marathon. My son was 9 months old and I had to high-tail from the the finish line to breast-feed. There is no time like the present to step up my game.
My friend Missy, has a great blog and she posted her races for the season. Imagine that!!! She has already thought about them and signed up early, which saves you money and ensures your place in the race. Then, you can plan your training accordingly. What a concept!!!
Anyway, am now signed up for THREE races. I am not just randomly training. I will do things like taper and fuel. I will have an outfit ready and not just grab a random assortment of clothing that I hope won't chaff too badly. I will make arrangements for places to stay and not drive over the morning of because all the hotels are full. It is going to be a great season.

OK, so without further ado, my race schedule is as follows:
  1. I will run the Tom King Half Marathon
  2. I will run the Boston Marathon
  3. I will race the Rev 3 triathlon
I will probably also register for the Mach 10 and the Music City Triathlon. I will wait on these until next month. I am a paragon of planning!!!

1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

Awesome! I saw Missy had Rev on her list. I've had it on mine all fall too! I'm trying to convince some other women to go too. So maybe if we head up the night before we can all visit and have a little pre-race get together. Are you doing the 1/2 IM?? This is going to be SO fun!!