Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday: Yoga and Run


Confession: My New Year's resolution to wake up at 6:00 or 6:30 AM each morning, is not going very well. It just isn't. I am getting through my one-year Bible right on schedule. I am getting into bed usually on time, BUT getting up on time is not going well. So frustrating. Must continue to persevere.
Anyway, today I got in a yoga session that was interrupted two or twenty times by Ivan trying to drag the dining room chairs into the kitchen so that he could get to his new obsession, the garlic press. Ooooh, the garlic press. The garlic press and the kitchen tongs are about all Ivan can think about right now. His determination is limitless, it has no expiration and he will not quit.
When everything gets quiet, I know that Ivan has somehow vaulted himself to the drawer where he can get the garlic press, and he is dipping it in the cat's bowl. OR, he has taken the tongs and is tweaking the cat.
Anyway, the yoga practice was not perfect, but I accomplished some great stretching. After some lunch, Ivan went down for a nap and I left for a run. I got in a four mile run in our neighborhood. My splits were faster today, and I guess that is what I am really working on for now. Faster and more even splits even on this hilly route.
Heading to bed and determined to get up early!!!
Oooh, and my Handful Sports Bra was great!! So supportive. So great looking.

1 comment:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

what does your husband do that you can put your baby down & go for a midday run?

where do you live? the pic looks like you live somewhere exciting.