Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday: One of Those Days




Today, let me just tell you that I was ON my New Year's resolutions. Last night, I was in bed at 9:30 PM after finishing watching The Petrified Forrest. I really enjoyed it. It was the film that shot Humphrey Bogart to fame and also starred Leslie Howard (who played Ashley in Gone With The Wind) and Bette Davis. It was dark and Humphrey Bogart was a gangster, which is just the way I like him. I crawled into bed and read some Andrew Jackson.
Now, my plan was to wake up at 6:00 AM, run either outside or at the gym depending on the cold, and come home to some Yoga and maybe a trainer ride. Now, I was up at 6:00 AM, but so was Ivan. Now, I cannot put Ivan in the jog stroller in 11 degree weather and my husband was unwilling to emerge from the bed. For this reason, I sat at home on the couch with Ivan in my lap. He watched the Wiggles, and I read today's entry in the one year Bible. Since this is a chronologically organized Bible, I read Job today. Job obviously had it a bit worse than me, so I feel bratty for complaining about my day. The worst thing that happened to me today was that my morning schedule was out of wack and I didn't get to do yoga or have a trainer ride. No one smote me or took all my worldly possessions. My spouse did not encourage me to curse God and die. For this reason, it was ultimately a good day.
Now, when my husband woke up, I was able to get the gym and run. I ran a quick three miles on the treadmill and then walked a bit as a cool down. Now, may I just say that I do not enjoy going to the gym in January. It is full of New Year's resolutionists. For this reason, I had to queu up for a treamill. Back at home, I showered and headed in to meet my mom at Lululemon. Now, guess who was at Lululemon -- Kathleen Johnson. Kathleen is an amazing athlete. She ran Boston in 3:10 minutes, she has done several Ironman competitions including Kona, and she trains some really successful triathletes in the area including Rebecca Villers. Also, she is supercute and supernice. She was wearing a great top and capri leggings by Lulemon (pics are above). She just looked amazing, long and lean and definitely what I aspire to. She is apparently going to run a half-marathon training group for Lululemon.
Now, as it has been the holidays, I have definitely gained weight on my Marie Antoinette diet. When I saw Kathleen, and she looked so adorable and the picture of health, I felt my bad eating habits. Anyway, Kathleen left and Mom and I tried on clothes and I now possess the cutest Lululemon running skirt ever. I love it!!! When we left Lululemon, we headed over to Whole Foods so that I could eat a healthy lunch. I chose brown rice sushi with salmon and avacados; so good and so healthy. THEN, guess who I saw eating pizza??? -- Kathleen Johnson.
I think sometimes, I see amazing women, who are accomplished athletes and I assume they live in a world of over-the-top discipline that I could never attain. Kathleen was eating pizza, and that was just lovely.
I headed into work just briefly and then home to hang out with Ivan and watch the news. Getting ready to go to bed with Andrew Jackson.

1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

Ditto...Kathleen is a complete angel. I must agree. Joe and I both cracked up that she was eating pizza. Ha ha. She usually is very, very disciplined...maybe it was her "treat" day??