Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday: Run, Yoga, Goggles, and a HANDFUL



So this morning, Ivan and I headed out to Bible study and made it home for Ivan to have a nap. During Ivan's nap, I was able to get out for a quick four-mile run and some yoga. My Namaste Yoga session was a distance runner session, with a lot of calf stretches. Exactly what I needed!!! As predicted, I was very sore from doing lunges while holding Ivan yesterday.
After my yoga, I put together a meatloaf (that actually turned out rather badly; so bland/ so blah. What went wrong?) and got ready to go into work. Now, on the way into work today, I stopped at Fleet Feet to get my new goggles. I always have a lovely time at Fleet Feet. Now, I had to get new goggles today, as my other aquaspheres snapped in half at the pool on Sunday. It was a serious bummer.
I walked into Fleet Feet with the intention of only getting my goggles, but then I thought that I would just take a look at sports bras. I always seem to need new ones, and it is always a rather dull affair. They all just look like cropped tank tops and as soon as I put one on I am immediately infected with 12-year-old boy syndrome. It is never exciting.
Today, however, I tried on the Handful. I cannot even tell you how exciting it was. It looked just great and took me from 12-year-old boy to pubescent girl in a moment. It was incredibly supportive, and I bought one in hot pink. It is so great!!! I cannot even tell you what sort of fashion maven I will be in my Handful sports bra and my Lululemon running skirt. Also, the handful comes with its own lingerie bag, IN PINK!!!
I'm pretty thrilled about it and am planning on another next month!!!
Just finished watching part 1 of Return to Cranford. I am in a dither about part 2. What will happen with the railroad?????!!!! I can't wait.
Now watching Young at Heart and getting ready for bed.
Pic is of me in my new goggles and Ivan in my old emergency goggles.

1 comment:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Hey Betsy! Its' great to hear from you! You look great!!! I stumbled onto your blog a while ago through Caroline's, but now she's blocked me out of her life...:)

Glad to find your blog again. You look great, as always, and it looks like you are staying BUSY!

Thanks so much for saying Hi!