Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday: Double Swim, Gilad, Yoga and Yogurt World Has Changed My Life


OK, yesterday, my day was not stellar and I missed my intended workouts and had to scramble to get to work on time. I neglected to tell you that this was MOSTLY because someone cut his hand and because HE THOUGHT he might need to go to the emergency room, so I had to race home from lunch (I actually took my sushi home in a brown paper bag) with my mother to supposedly drive he who must not be named to the emergency room. Now, I will just go ahead and tell you that I have had worse paper cuts than the injury that awaited me when I arrived home. This is neither here nor there. Suffice it to say that a band aid and some Neosporin were all that were necessary.
Now, today, I was up on time. I made myself a smoothie and a cup of tea and resolved on a better day. Ivan and I headed out the door to swim, and it was just freezing. I think that the weatherman said it was 10 degrees outside. So, there was much scurrying about, heating up the car, tranferring the car seat, bundling up Ivan, bundling up me, Ivan being so bundled up that he couldn't fit in the car seat. Unbundling/ rebundling. All that, and Ivan refused to wear his hat or his mittens and I gave up.
Swim was great. Workout as follows:
  • 4 x 200 swim choice (now most of this was social kicking with Annie and Jamie)
  • 4 x 100 swim descend @ 1:45
  • 4 x 25 kick @ :35
  • 4 x 50 swim @ 1:00
  • 4 x 75 swim @ 1:30
  • 4 x 100 descend @ 1:45
  • 4 x 25 kick @ :35
  • 4 x 50 swim @ 1:00
  • 4 x 75 swim @ 1:30
  • 2 x 100 @ 1:45
This was 3100 meters. I was late getting in the pool as I had to re-register Ivan at the nursery for 2010. Getting in the pool on time for morning swim makes a big difference and usually gets me 4000 meters. I should probably make this my fourth resolution. Get into the pool at 8:30 AM SHARP!!
At home, I fed Ivan some lunch and cleaned a bit. When Ivan went down for his nap, I was able to do a Gilad workout. Now, I don't know if you have noticed that I have pretty much stopped mentioning yoga at all and this is because it has fallen by the wayside. Today, I decided it was time to pick it back up, and I did a Namaste Yoga set that focused on the crane balance. It was quite difficult, but I enjoyed doing it and felt great afterwards. I need all the stretching and strengthening I can get. I was so inspired by my yoga today that I signed up for Hot Yoga tomorrow morning at 9:30AM.
Now, I am totally excited about Hot Yoga, BUT I have a complaint. I would love to take a class everyday of the week. BUT, I need these classes to be offered at around 6:00 AM in the morning. Ivan usually wakes up at 7:00 AM, so if I can take a class at 6:00 AM, that gets me home by 7ish AM. My husband can get to work, and I am not away from Ivan for too long (that he is aware of). I would LOVE to take Pure Barre, Hot Yoga, Pilates with a reformer, all the classes that Lululemon is offering or any number of things. BUT, most womany type classes are offered at hours that are conducive to stay-at-home moms with kids in school. I have a part-time-ish job and a 22 month old, which means that I really need my classes offered early in the morning. I would love to take Hot Yoga every week, but their classes start at 9:30 AM, so tomorrow will probably be my first and last session. It will be a real bummer if I truly love it.
Now, when Ivan woke up from his nap, we took down the Christmas tree and all the remaining decorations, played around, made dinner and then I got ready to go back to swim!!!
Swim wore me out. There was a lot of kicking and backstroking and butterfly without fins. I used my Garmin 310xt, and I must say that while it is totally waterproof, the heart rate monitor won't consistently work in the water, and the satellite goes out of range indoors so it can't register my swim distance.
Workout as follows:
  • 300 warm-up
  • 200 swim
  • 200 kick with fins
  • 200 IM (butterfly/backstroke/breaststroke/ free)
  • 200 drill
  • 200 swim
  • 1200 (100 6 kick roll drill/ 100 6 kick roll drill on back/ 100 IM) repeat four times no fins last two times
  • 400 swim
  • 300 pull
  • 200 swim
  • 50 breaststroke cool down
3450 meters, 6550 meters total.
In the showers afterward, Sue and I had a discussion about the fact that our Lululemon in Nashville (across from the Cosmetic Market in Hill Center, take the elevator upstairs) is only a showroom. This means that they offer a limited number of products to test the interest of the Nashville area as market research before opening a larger store. I feel that it is my personal responsibility to show Lululemon that we Nashvillians will buy their products.
Also, I think that Mary Helen and Jill and Genie are also going to read the one year Bible. I am so thrilled to have an accountability group to help us finish the whole thing. It is such an endeavor.
I hit Yogurt World on the way home and had been looking forward to it all week! I love it!!
Big day today!!! Headed to bed with American Lion!!

1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

The Garmin heart rate monitor actual will not work in the water. It is water resistant but not operable fully immersed. I wear my strap in triathlons but exactly why it was intermittent. Oops!

Have you tried Hot Yoga in Elliston place? They offer hundreds of times for the classes. www.hotyoganashville.com or maybe google "hot yoga nashville" and see who else offers...there are also hundreds of yoga stores around now.