Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday: Long Run


Out of bed at 5:30 AM this morning. Had a Grab the Gold bar and a cup of tea before meeting my running group at 6:00 AM for a quick three mile pre-run which preceded our park run. After meeting back at 6:30 AM, we started up into the park for the 11.2 mile loop. I was reasonably proud of my splits, but I had a 9:49 mile in there. There were some serious hills, but it seems that there is no excuse for that. I wasn't even pushing the jog stroller, for the love of Mike.
Overall, a good run, and I made it home in time to make some breakfast and avoid the crazy calorie trap that often happens after a long run. I had eggs and turkey sausage and then many healthy snacks. Some clementines, some hummus, a whole wheat pita.

Somehow, I managed to avoid the siren call of Yogurt World today, though I miss it and cannot deny that it might happen tomorrow. Meant to do yoga; did not. This means that I will surely be quite sore tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.