Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday: Swim and Gilad and more Pool Temperature Drama


Today, Ivan and I were up early, because for some untoward reason he is waking earlier than any of us would wish for, even at the height of my New Year's resolutioning. So, there was some Wiggle watching before heading off to swim.
At swim, there was much talk of the pool temperature. It was rumored that the heat was broken; it was murmured that the there was a swim meet so it was necessary to lower the temperature; the water aerobics women were concerned that the lower temperature was permanent. It was quite cold and I never warmed up and I procrastinated getting in the water and so on. I did finally dive in, and it felt like I was breaking ice. I do think the water was colder than yesterday, so maybe 79 as opposed to 80 degrees. There was again much discussion about it. Workout as follows as much as I can remember:
  • 200 warmup
  • 8 x 75 Indiana IM (which means that we rotate through the IM strokes)
  • 8 x 25 sprint
  • 200 easy
  • 4 x 100 technique work
  • 3 x 200 pull with paddles
  • 300 kick
  • 200 cool down
Now, I swam 3100 meters, so I am clearly forgetting something, but it is hard to remember with out having it written down. Steven got onto me about losing my form when I try to swim fast, so I need to watch for that. Also, he pointed out that when I swim I am pulling my arms too close into my body and losing some of the power of my pull. SO, I am overcompensating be pretending that I am laying on a surfboard paddling. My stroke needs to be this wide.
After practice, I took a hot, hot shower, and packed up the car for home. At home, I made some soup and got in a Gilad workout before heading into work.
At home, I am eating soup and watching the Masterpiece Classic Emma. SO GOOD!!!
Starting speed work training tomorrow in the bitter cold. BITTER!!!!

2 comments:

Missy said...

If that pool doesn't warm up, I'm not getting in Wed nite!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.