Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday: Trainer Ride and Gilad


Had a great time spending the night with my parents last night and spent all morning chasing after Ivan and taking turns holding my nephew Rye. I had in my head that it would be an easy morning with lots of time for the elliptical and some yoga, but it seems that two babies actually makes double the work. While I am thrilled to say that I got to take a shower by myself, the elliptical never happened and no yoga either. I drank copious amounts of coffee and cleaned up the same bucket of blocks about ten times.
I got Ivan home in time to get everything dressed and head into work. At home, I got in a Gilad workout while holding Ivan. Every once in a while, when I start a Gilad workout, Ivan wants to be held. I guess he had had a long day and his naps were out of wack, so he was rather grumpy and I had to do a set of lunges while holding a 24 pound toddler. He sat on my stomach while I did my ab work. It made everything harder, and I am completely sure that I will be quite sore tomorrow morning.
After Ivan went down to sleep, I drug myself onto the trainer. I rode for my usual half hour-ish, with the heart rate monitor and the Garmin. It was a reasonable ride, though I did not live up to my usual Monday. Now, this week I am getting a Cadence Bike Sensor for my bike. Apparently this will be my new bike computer, and I think that it will make riding the trainer a lot more pleasant. I will be able to see my progress and track better and follow some of the instructions that Todd gave me better. Watched some of Public Enemies while I rode.
Headed to bed with my one-year Bible. First day back at Bible study tomorrow and I haven't done a thing.

1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

OH! I have the cadence device on my bike as well. It is nice to see RPMs so I know how I'm doing...then, I can also dump the data and see mph at the end of the ride. Love it...