Friday, January 1, 2010

Friday: New Year's Day


My New Year's Eve was just about as dull as it gets. I was in bed with a book of cross word puzzles at 9:45 PM, however this was fine and I was up at 6:00ish AM as per my first New Year's resolution. I read my one year Bible entry for today (as per my third New Year's resolution) and made myself a smoothie and some green tea. I loaded into the car at 7:30 AMish and headed in to the New Year's run with my running group. Linda and Genie were there, and we got to catch up and discuss our costumes for the costume party that we are all invited to tomorrow night. Very exciting. Linda and Marty are going to be a flapper and a gangster. Elliott and I are going to be Lewis or Clark and Sacajawea. Genie is undecided, so I might email her and see if she wants to be Lewis or Clark, or maybe Elliott can be both. I am, however, pretty psyched about my own costume, as it is this huge racoon/ mink hoody cape. Sounds crazy, but = fabulous!!! Elliott is wearing this huge fur hunting cap. It is going to be great.
Anyway, back to our run!! We just loped along chatting for 6ish miles. The Garmin 310 xt had me at about 8:43 a mile, which is not tearing it up, but was so much fun!!!
At the park, we had champagne, and I actually had some sort of Kahlua is an edible chocolate shot glass. It was a tasty treat that I hope to indulge in every New Year's Day. Such fun.
At home, I finished my thank you notes. FINISHED. They even have addresses and stamps. Now, I can really enjoy my presents!!!
Tomorrow, because I am clearly one part eskimo and two parts mentally deranged, I am getting up to run at 5:15ish. It is going to be in the 20's, and I going to get in six miles before meeting the rest of the group at 7:00 AM. Clearly, I am nuts; though I am kind of excited about it. So, now I am about to crawl into bed with American Lion and I just listened to a great song by James Morrison that I think you all should give a listen to. It is great!!!

No comments: