Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday: First Swim of the New Year


Our party last night was just so fun. I was rather embarrassed that at one point, I looked around and we were almost the last people left that were not family members. I had to track down my husband, at which point he said dejectedly, "but, I am Meriweather Lewis". He is not really Meriweather Lewis, and we had to go home.
We made it home, and got bed. I was awoken early by all kinds of sinus issues from wearing the horrible pelt that was my costume. Last night, I made a very interesting discovery: it seems that I am allergic to rabbit, but not to mink. I mean LA-TI-DA. It makes me feel like Mrs. Thurston Howell, III. I can just hear myself at a furrier in Manhattan announcing that, "I am allergic to rabbit, daaahhhhling; just bring out the mink." Honestly, the rabbit made me cough and sniffle, and I had some slight rashing. Can you believe it? Do you think I am secretly a princess or some sort of royalty? Will someone please come and put a pea under my mattress?
So this morning, we woke up without the baby and decided that we were going to awesome Sunday brunch. We simply googled "great brunch franklin" and The Daily Dish popped up.
We have driven past The Daily Dish in the Grassland area of Franklin several times, but had no idea that they had such great food. Their Sunday brunch was, by far, the best I have ever had, and I have had many a Sunday Brunch.
It was a buffet, and I will admit to you now that I love a BUFFET. They had an amazing eggs benedict (of which I had two helpings), a waffle, a goat cheese salad, a homemade pesto with brie, fresh cherries, all sorts of berries, a slice of coconut pie, and a slice of chess pie. It was just so delicious and thrilling!!!! How can I make arrangements to eat there every Sunday?? I would encourage you locals to frequent the establishment as often as possible.
In the afternoon, I headed off to the first swim of the new year. We only swam about a mile and a half. Workout as follows:
  • 400 warm-up
  • 200 kick with fins
  • 16 x 50 swim
  • 800 pull
It was great to be back in the pool, but as per usual, after a bit of time off, I felt as if I were swimming through mud. It was great, however, to be in the pool. The water felt great and am looking forward to tomorrow morning, when I will be back for a full swim. Picked Ivan up from Mom and Dad's afterwards, and put him to bed early. Getting ready to knit!!!! The picture is of Genie and me at Robbie's costume party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. It was great to get back in the water.

See you in the morning.

Marshall

Anonymous said...

hilarious. sorry you've inherited the Hatley allergy gene. and yes, we descend from royalty. seriously. French. AND English. sniff sniff