Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday: Run, Bike, Yoga




So, last night turned into a rather hard night, as Ivan woke up in fractious spirits from his initial bedtime. I got him up to rock him and give him some Ovaltine, and somehow, he knocked an entire glass of tea onto a stack of books, the floor, the couch and EVERYTHING. So I mopped and wiped and blew dry while Ivan had a peaceful Ovaltine bottle while watching The Wiggles.
This situation under control, Ivan and I went back to bed.
This morning, Ivan was up surprisingly early for such a bad night, which meant that I couldn't get to the gym to run on the treadmill. Ivan and I went out with the jog stroller in the driving rain. Now Ivan's jog stroller (the chariot) is hardcore. I ran three miles, and he was snug and dry the whole time. It rained hard throughout the run, and I decided that I am lacking in good rain gear for running. The light-weight Northface jacket I was wearing, was water-resistant but too loose, so it moved around the whole time.
At home, I had my Superfoods breakfast smoothie, before loading Ivan up to practice his swim moves. We headed to the indoor pool, where he was relatively well-behaved. My child seems not to understand the concept of walking, and he did hop into the deep end with the carefree attitude of a child jumping into a puddle. Luckily, you can shove Ivan down to the bottom of the pool, and he comes floating up like he was born to back float.
Now, after Ivan's lesson ended, I changed him out of his swimmie diaper and put on his dry land diaper and pants and a shirt. It was at this point that he wrenched himself away from me and hurled himself into the pool clothes and all. So, I stomped over feeling like Grendel's mother, and fished him out of the pool. He had to ride home in his diaper.
At home, I made myself a latte and worked through a yoga session before hopping on the trainer for a 25 minute ride. My cadence averaged 90, whereas last trainer ride, my cadence averaged 92. It felt harder today as well. Maybe the new wore off.
My mom came to lunch, and then I headed in to work. At home, I made sweet potato soup for dinner and headed to Yogurt World for dessert!!!

Some pics from the pool today. Doesn't Ivan look sort of like a weathered dock worker? He has a lollipop in his mouth that looks like a cigarette.

1 comment:

caroline G said...

He looks like he is on the deadliest catch...Tropical addition. Very fun day. I love to watch Ivan swim.