Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday: Hike and Swim and I Forgot Gilad


This morning, I slept in a bit as I was sort of wound up and didn't get to bed at a timely hour last night. When I did get up, I started loading up the car with a baby hiking backpack, the baby bjorn and the leash. I got my hiking clothes together and loaded up to meet the Bambino Brigade. Now, Ivan started off the day in rare form, and I feel that the terrible twos are upon us. After I loaded the packs and such into the car, I laid out chicken to defrost for dinner and then went to wash my face. While I was washing my face, Ivan had a meltdown about nothing, there was some stamping of feet and waving of hands which I ignored as I was in a rush. Then, OUT OF NOWHERE, the chicken that I had lain out to defrost came flying into the bathroom at me.
WHO DOES THAT? Who throws frozen chicken at their mother? Ivan had to go to time-out while I loaded up everything else into the car and dug Ivan's boots out of the depths of his bedroom (they were of course broken). After retrieving Ivan from time-out, we were on our way, where I took a wrong turn and was late. It is so embarrassing to be late the first time you are meeting a group of people, though everyone was very gracious. We had a great hike really. My friend, Ashley, came on the hike, and all the other women were fun. I think we hiked about two miles. Ivan was a champ until the end, and I actually felt really bad because his little feet were like blocks of ice. I want to go again, but will probably wait until it is warmer.
Also, I need to practice a bit with the baby hiking backpack, because when I took it off, I had to lay Ivan in the road to figure out how to disengage him. I was a rookie hiker. Next time will be better.
At home, I really didn't get all that much accomplished and somehow it was suddenly time to make dinner and get ready for swim and Gilad fell by the wayside. I will have to work it in tomorrow.
Swim workout as follows:
  • 300 warmup
  • get out of pool and jump in feet first to begin the following
  • 200 swim @ 3:40
  • 10 x 25 swim with descending stroke count
  • get out of pool and jump in feet first to begin the following
  • 200 swim @ 3:40
  • 10 x 25 swim with arms wide and windmill on alternating 25s
  • get out of pool and jump in feet first to begin the following
  • 200 swim @ 3:40
  • 10 x 25 swim (tarzan with fins and paddles)
  • get out of pool and jump in feet first to begin the following
  • 200 swim @ 3:40
  • 10 x 25 swim pull w/ buoy between ankles
  • get out of pool and jump in feet first to begin the following
  • 200 swim @ 3:40
  • 12 x 25 swim (fastslow/slowfast/fast/slow)
  • 100 cool down
It was a good workout and the jumping in and out of the pool was exhausting, but good practice for an individual dock start at a triathlon. On the way home, I hit Yogurt World for a vanilla, chocolate and butter brickle flavor combination with Andes Mints and sprinkles. It was very good. Also, I am listening to Pride and Prejudice on my iphone. It is so well read, and though I have read it before, I am hearing new things and loving it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post.

Bets said...

oooh thanks!!!
Bets

Bets said...

oooh thanks!!!
Bets

Remy said...

this is a scream. wish you had a photo of removing the enfant terrible from the backpack. hilarious! thanks!