Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday: Great Swim and Gilad


So this morning, I was up on time, but still late to swim as Ivan slept late and I felt seriously guilty dragging him out of the bed and pitching him into the car to go to swim. For this reason, I had a leisurely breakfast before putting Ivan in the car and getting to swim. If I could live completely free of mother-guilt, I would get a lot of places on time and do a lot more things that I want to do. Also, I would take much longer showers.
Anyway, swim was great. Steven had the workout going when I got to the pool. I will recall it as best I can:
  • 2 x 100 swim @ 1:40
  • 100 easy
  • 6 x 75 (kick/ drill/ swim)
  • 100 easy
  • 8 x 25 surge (which means you swim half way all out and the other half of the lane easy)
  • 8 x 25 IM order
  • 400 swim
  • 100 easy
  • 100 kick
  • 400 pull
  • 100 cool down
I think I ended up with 3200 meters, so I am leaving something out as per usual.

Now, after practice, Steven showed us the times needed to qualify for the Master's Nationals that are held in Atlanta. I would love to swim the mile, but I have only swum in one other swim meet and it was somewhat tragic. I swam the 1650, and it took me 27 minutes. By the time I finished, the first place winner had already showered and changed clothes and come back down to watch me finish. That was three or four years ago though, and surely I am a better swimmer now. I need to swim the mile in around 23 minutes to qualify, and honestly, that is a stretch for me. Steven is going to time me on the mile on Wednesday just to see if I can qualify.

At home, I got in a Gilad workout and firmed up my running plans and party plans for tomorrow night. After dinner, I headed in to Yogurt World and guess what???? I have enough punches on my punch card and my next yogurt is FREE!!!!! Chances that I am going tomorrow are skyscraper high.

Also, I have made the decision to order three Spinervals DVDs instead of enrolling in Todd's class for this session. This is mostly because I am filled with dread at the thought of getting up at 4:30 AM to go to class. Todd has moved to a new location, and it is farther away from my house. My New Year's resolutions are only to get up at 6:00ish AM. Getting up at 4:30 AM is just a lot to think about, especially when I already have 6:00 AM speed sessions on Tuesday mornings.

No comments: