Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday: RUN and Snow and Gilad Issues




OK, the weather is killing me. KILLING ME. It snowed a blizzard all day today. I finally managed to get out to run during a lull, and there were quite a few ice patches. It was President's Day, however, and the gym was closed, so there was no treadmill or pool option. I could have gotten on the trainer, but that just didn't happen. (Also, my Spinervals DVDs have not arrived yet. Where are they? Hmmm, must check tracking.)

Getting on the trainer takes a tremendous amount of timing, as I have to get on right as the baby goes down to nap. Today, I centered all my timing around the run. My run was fine, but I did not wear my heart rate monitor or watch. I did this because there were ice patches, and I did not want to risk getting more concerned about my time than my safety.
Back at home, I worked on a few house errands, finished my Bible study for tomorrow, though it will undoubtedly be cancelled due to weather. Just checked, it is cancelled for tomorrow. OF COURSE. (I would have been a TERRIBLE pioneer, by the way.) Also, Speed Sessions for tomorrow are cancelled AND the gym is opening late due to the weather. This means that I will have to meet at the rec center on Thursday morning for another treadmill workout, just assuming the weather is better. Assuming. For the love of Mike.

So, tomorrow, I am looking at another day of nothing. Hopefully, I will at least get a closet cleaned out or a grocery trip accomplished. I may take Ivan to McDonald's play place, but WOW, I dislike going there.

OK, and now I will openly discuss some Gilad issues I am having. This weekend at Pure Barre as I was positioned in front of a full length mirror for an hour, I had ample time to observe my arm situation. Now, compared to the rest of the women in the class, I looked a bit like Hulk Hogan or Mr. T. All the swimming and weights have given me a little more definition and girth in my upper body than I anticipated. SO, I am going to drop arm weights from my Gilad routine and see what I think. Also, I am going to talk to Steven, my swim coach on Wednesday morning, assuming that this dreadful winter weather allows me out of the house. I am just going to gather a few expert opinions to find out how much arm weights are helping my swim/ bike/ run. If there is no need, then I might as well stop. I think I will always keep up with my Gilad lunges and abs and such. Also, I am going to add some Pure Barre stuff just for variety.

Pics of me running in the snow!! I wore my Elmer Fudd hat.

Confession: Sometime the dramatic facial expressions made during pairs figure skating make me nervous.

No comments: