Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday: 6 AM Speed Work and a Lot of Nothing and Such


So, I was up at 5:30 AM to go and get my track workout in on a treadmill at the gym. Honestly, let me tell you that getting up to start my track workout when it was still dark, and I was all sniffly felt pretty bleak. It felt even bleaker when I ate five Girl Scout cookies while waiting for my oatmeal to microwave. I then pulverized the rest of the box of Girl Scout Cookies and trashed them, because I can tell you right now, those cookies were destined for a blood sugar spike that would not leave me with enough energy to crawl through the rest of my day. I had no choice but to be proactive in response to my lack of control over slamming Girl Scout Cookies at 5:30 AM in the morning.

After scalding my tongue on both my oatmeal and my tea, I said several expletives that it was a luxury to say while I was all alone in the kitchen. It is so rare that I have the opportunity to really express my misery, and it felt pretty great. I froze in the car all the way to the gym and was honestly so tired that I babbled at poor Stephen. You know those sleepy mornings where you just can't articulate? That was me this morning. ANYWAY, workout as follows:
  • 1 mile warmup
  • 6 x 800 @ 3:10
  • 400 jog in-between each 800
  • mile cool-down (though actually I just cooled down until Stephen left, and then I slunk off the treadmill after a mere 800 instead of the mile cool down that was prescribed)
This ended up being 6 and three quarter miles, and the last two 800's were not pleasant. As per usual, it felt great to get it over with before 7:00 AM in the morning, and to have a gross cup of rec center coffee on my way home. Why am I so loving rec center coffee? I swear, I know it isn't good.

At home, I watched The Wiggles with Ivan, made some breakfast and headed out to take Ivan to practice his swimming and run some errands. At home, I got ready and headed into work. My husband made sweet potato pizza for dinner, and I curled up on the couch to watch Project Runway.

While so curled, I have made the decision to take a few days off. I have been doing a lot and going pretty hard. I will be taking a Pure Barre class in Birmingham on Saturday, and I MIGHT still go to swim on Sunday, but nothing else.

No comments: