Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday: Swim, Run and Is the Snow for Serious?


So, today I got out the door to swim in reasonable time as Ivan was at my parents' house, and I did not have to shuttle him to the nursery. Our workout was as follows:

  • 400 warm-up
  • 3 x 100 drill
  • 100 drill
  • 8 x 75 (kick/drill/swim)
  • 10 x 25 (breakouts - first part of 25 very fast, last part easy)
  • 100 easy
  • 8 x 50 drill
  • 100 easy
  • 10 x 25 (breakouts)
  • 8 x 50 drill
  • 3 x 100 kick
This was 3100 and the speed work should be good for my mile swim on Wednesday!! Very exciting.
After swim I drove out and picked up Ivan at my parents house and then headed home to get in an afternoon run. I was very fast, by the way. I clocked sub-8 minute miles though out and an 8:17 mile on Deerfield hill, the worst of all hills. I was quite pleased with myself, even though it seems that these faster miles in the beginning are not paying off on my long runs. I seem to keep falling apart in the end.
At home, it was started snowing immensely, which did not stop my trip to Yogurt World. Nothing apparently stops my trips to Yogurt World.
Speed Work is cancelled for tomorrow morning, which is a real bummer as I will either have to drive out to Centennial Park tomorrow or do the speed workout on my own. Also, Bible study is cancelled, which may be just as well since I did not do my lesson this week.

No comments: