Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday: Run, Gilad and Surely There Will Not Be Any More Snow




So just for today's tally, both Bible study and my track workout were cancelled. I ended up running here at home, again without my watch so as not to press for time in icy conditions. It seemed a little warmer than yesterday, and the snow was not blowing as hard. Maybe later in the week there will be a thaw. I am trying not to worry about my level of fitness and was very pleased when my track coach sent out an email detailing how long it takes to lose fitness. The information went as follows:

Jeff Galloway gives a rule of thumb about losing fitness:

Rest Time
Without Exercise % Fitness Lost

1-5 days 0-1%
7 days 10%
14 days 35%

First of all, I had never heard of Jeff Galloway, but he is a writer for runners world and has trained all sorts of runners and the above is his personal philosophy about running fitness. I guess this makes me feel better, but I am so worn out with being trapped at the house. I was so pleased when I got to go to work today. It was just thrilling to get out of the house.
On the upside:
  • Swim should not be cancelled tomorrow, and I will get in a good workout, as well as talking to Steven about my weights routine.
  • I had a great hair day today
  • I think I will go to Yogurt World tomorrow

No comments: