Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday: Misspent


Oh today my time has not been used wisely. Last night I realized that Bible study, schools and most of life in the Nashville area would be cancelled because of the snow. Normally, I do a speed session on Tuesday morning, but it was cancelled based on the snow situation.

I got in a Gilad workout and watched my computer vigiliantly for weather and speed session updates. Every Tuesday there are two speed sessions: 6 AM and 6 PM. I attend the 6 AM session, or I have once. There have been three speed sessions and only one has actually happened at 6 AM. Weather has cancelled the other sessions. The cancellations are a real kink in my day. For instance, today the morning speed session was cancelled and the evening speed session was pending cancellation depending on the weather.
Now, when I got to work without my track clothes assuming that the evening session had also been cancelled today, I received an email that the evening speed session was officially on. There is no way to get from work, to my house for my track clothes and then to the track to run on time. SO, I am out of a track workout for today and must figure out a way to do it on my own later in the week.

It was a serious bummer of wasted time. I could have gotten on the trainer, BUT was afraid that the speed session would happen and was afraid to wear out my legs. BUT, now am not going to speed sessions, so I should have ridden the trainer. I will now end up on the trainer after Ivan goes to bed tonight and will hope to run early on Wednesday morning.

I mean, until I went into work today, I honestly wandered around the house playing with Ivan and watching the computer for news and emailing other people in my track group complaining about the weather. So frustrating. I should have at least cleaned out a closet.

So, after work, I headed home where my husband had a made a whole wheat sweet potato pizza for dinner. It was very delicious. As soon as Ivan went to bed, I hopped on the trainer and rode for 30 minutes. My Spinervals DVDs have not yet arrived, and I had to ride while watching Valentino: The Last Emperor. I can tell you right now, Valentino Garavani is no one I want to meet in person. And, it is rather interesting to be riding a stationary bike at top speed sweating profusely and slightly miserable while watching a tiny Italian queen announce with passion that "a women's ankles in an evening dress is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen".

Aaahhhh perspective!!
Timing the mile swim tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

caroline G said...

It is too cold! Stay in bed.

Swim Coach Finder said...

Hi. We follow your blog and we would like you to consider joining our Swim Coach Finder Facebook Group.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=152521521114

Anonymous said...

SEO
very handy, thanx a lot for this article ...... This was exactly what I was looking for.