Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday: Double Swim, Gilad, Girl Scout Cookie Time and Yogurt World Coupons


So today, was overall a stellar day. I had a slight morning swim disappointment, but overall a stellar day. I made it to swim reasonably on time anticipating my mile swim. Workout as follows:
  • 500 warm-up
  • Mile Swim for time (26:19)
  • 400 easy swim
  • 8 x 100 swim on 1:45
  • 300 kick
Now, I have been pretty excited about my mile swim. I swam in a swim meet three or four years ago and I swam a 27 something minute mile. Since then, I have been swimming a lot, AND I have assumed that I am getting faster all the time. I decided to see if I could swim fast enough to qualify for master's nationals in Atlanta. I needed a sub 23 minute time, and I thought maybe I could make it. Now, Nina, the German Au Pair, swam it in about 19 minutes. I swam it in 26:19 and NICK, who I used to swim with , beat me my 50 yards. What is wrong with me? Am I getting slower OR is everyone getting faster and leaving me behind?
At home, I got in a Gilad workout and accomplished some routine stuff around the house. The laundry was just about it take over, I swear.
In the evening, I headed back out to night swim. I was going to skip, but then I got word that I was picking up Girl Scout cookies tonight from Shelley in my swim class from whose daughter I bought the cookies. I am not one to let Girl Scout cookies sit unattended, so I headed into swim. Workout as follows:
  • 6 x 100 swim
  • 400/300/200/100 @ 1:50 per 100
  • 2 x 25 pull with no buoy and no kick (oh so hard)
  • 300/200/100 @ 1:50 per 100
  • 4 x 25 pull as above
  • 200/100 @ 1:50 per 100
  • 6 x 25 pull as above
  • 100 @ 1:50 per 100
  • 8 x 25 pull as above
Now after swim, two great things happened. I picked up my Girl Scout cookies and Diane gave me three coupons for Yogurt World!!!! I was thrilled. SO, the Girl Scout cookie situation is already out of control, and there is a very good chance that I am going to dump them under my car wheel and crush them to bits in the gravel. Now, after I get enough willpower to say "Get behind thee, Satan" to the Girl Scout cookies, I am going to go straight to Yogurt World with my coupons, because it is my favorite place.

Treadmill Speed Session tomorrow (with Stephen, A SAINT), because it is going to be 8 DEGREES tomorrow, and that is where I draw the line at running outside, friends.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Crap, yep, I've got to do a couple miles off the bike this morning and I don't wanna:(

scott said...

Ok I admitt to having an odd fascination to this blog. Maybe it's th Gilad thing. But even psychologist need analyzing from time to time. I hope ur not putting undue pressure on yourself to produce physically short term. If you're enjoying the ride by all means carry on.