Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday: Drive Home and Valentine's Dinner


So this morning, I slept in for the second morning in a row, before getting up and sitting on my sister's couch and drinking coffee for the duration of 17 Again. 17 Again is a movie starring Zach Ephron and Chandler Bing from Friends. It is a movie that is geared towards a tween crowd and is the PERFECT movie for watching in your yoga pants while you guzzle gallons of coffee. My sister and her husband and I had a long and serious discussion about the movie before deciding that it was a perfect combination of Freaky Friday, The Parent Trap, It's a Wonderful Life and maybe a dash of Back to the Future.
After this I loaded up the car for an uneventful drive back to Franklin, and I am rather ashamed to admit that I spent most of the trip listening to Twilight. I have listened to it before, and I found myself listening to it again on the way home. I have no excuse other than that it is just mindlessly compelling, and I can't even stop myself. Good grief.
At home, we had a great visit from my parents, and a delicious Valentine's day dinner: steak, sweet potatos, broccoli and polenta. Ivan was out of sorts as is his habit when separated from any of his parents for more than a couple of hours. He seems not to know how to react to the authority of the returning parent and spends a lot of time testing his limits, losing his temper and spitting like a camel. Seriously, bless his heart, he spits when he is mad.

The pool is closed tomorrow for President's Day!! Will run tomorrow, but three full days off of cardio. Feeling good about it!!

1 comment:

scott said...

Betsy this a true Zach story. He is friends with my nieces in Pismo Ca. He accompanied them and my Bro on a European vacation. Well,in Rome it seems Zach lost his virginity to lucky local gal. Niece pinky swears its true. Some chaperone Bro is! summer 2005