Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wednesday: Swim, Gilad, Yoga, and Wetsuit

   Reasonably on time to swim today!!  Ivan is really enjoying being wheeled into the gym in his stroller, and speed walking while pushing a stroller is a lot faster than coaxing a toddler to keep walking all the way to the gym nursery.  Nick was there and we swam really hard actually.  I was disappointed that at the end of swim it was only 2700 meters.  I have a 4800 meter swim coming up in September, and it seems like I should put in a bit longer distance.  Clearly, I am not so worried about this that I actually make any effort to swim 4800 meters, but it is a nice idea.  When I am back from California, maybe I will make some effort to swim a in such a way that I will be prepared for my event.  Maybe.  Anyway, workout as follows:

  • 400 warmup
  • 4 x 50 kick/swim
  • 3 x 100 swim fast
  • 4 x 100 build
  • 3 x 100 swim
  • 50 easy
  • 200 fast
  • 3 x 100
  • 50 easy
  • 200 fast
  • 300 kick
It was a great workout, Nick was there to compete against.  Steven was there to coach us and he told me I was going out too fast and not getting through my 200 at a consistent speed.  

On the way home, Ivan and I stopped at Endurance Sports so that I could rent a wetsuit, and I have to say that a nice wetsuit is a lot better than my suit from ebay.    It is relatively easy to get in and out of and it came with a matching neoprene swim bonnet.  Ivan was pretty stressed out by the sight of his mom in a wetsuit and made several comments in front of the Endurance staff that I found disconcerting.  It made me think for the thousandth time that there are a long list of places that you don't take children and I am adding wetsuit aquisition to that list.  

At home, I got in some yoga and ab work, before heading in to a running group party that was so fun.  So much fun.  I snort laughed twice, and I think that is indicative of the best party EVER!!!!

Pic of me a couple of years ago before the Huntsville Marathon.  I am all the way on the right!!

No comments: