Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday: Swim, but it was really about the packing and the trip readying

Pics of Ivan's New Haircut!!!

This morning, I did not take Ivan to swim with me as I thought he would enjoy hanging out at home with his dad in footy pajamas.  Come to think of it, I too would like to hang out at home in footy pajamas and plan to think about the next possible day that I could do such a thing.  It will probably take contracting some sort of horrible illness, because other than that, the time for wearing footy pajamas may have passed me by, friends.

Anyway, I had a really nice swim and I got to stay a little later and swim the whole workout.  Workout as follows:

  • 300 warmup
  • 8 x 50 swim/drill
  • 8 x 25 swim
  • 5 x 50 swim fast
  • 5 x 50 swim easy
  • 5 x 50 swim fast
  • 5 x 50 swim easy
  • 300 kick
  • 3 x 200 pull
  • 300 swim
So this was 3000 meters, and I did have to move down into the public lanes after our coach left, but I was pleased to get to finish the workout as I was not under any terrible time crunch to grab Ivan from the nursery.  

I took Ivan to get a haircut before we head out tomorrow, and then I spent the rest of the day getting all packed up and ready to go. Packing for myself and my child is  QUITE and ordeal.  I am quaking in my boots about a plane trip with my child.  
 
I have packed:
  • a small bag of unfamiliar toys
  • enough candy for the US army, should they need it
  • a portable DVD player 
  • Calliou:  Ivan's favorite television show
  •  The Wizard of Oz - DVD
  • Finding Nemo - DVD
  • Ice Age - DVD
  • Bose headphones, so that Ivan can listen silently
  • Doggie AND blanket
  • Diapers and Wipes
  • Plastic industrial bib
I think that's it, but there is chance that more things will be stuffed into my bag as I drift into full-on panic mode as the countdown to our plane trip gets closer.  

Will let you know how it goes!!

No comments: