Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday: Is It Possible to Arrive at Swim On Time?

I am beginning to feel very strongly that the answer to this question is no.  Today, we left on time, but once in the parking lot of the gym, Ivan refused to walk and I had to get the stroller from the back of the car and wheel he and my copious amount of gear into the gym only to find that the top had come off of Ivan's smoothie and the entire contents had dumped into his diaper bag.  I was able to salvage two diapers, his sippy cup and a tube of desitin.  The diapers were covered in a bit of smoothie, but washed off very well overall.  I had to throw the diaper bag, wipes and one diaper that had saturated most of the smoothie straight into the garbage.  Let that be a lesson to ye purchasers of nice diaper bags.

Anyway, following our smoothie diaper bag debacle, Ivan was in such shock and awe over the demise of his diaper bag that he didn't even mind when I left.  I rushed to the pool, only to find that the locker room was closed for repairs, and I had to get into the pool without wetting my hair first.  It shivered me timbers, and I am CERTAIN that my hair soaked up enough chlorine to ruin me.  Also, I had no choice but to ride home all itchy from the chlorine in my bathing suit.

Once finally on the pool deck, I was 20 minutes late and had missed 650 yards despite my prompt arrival at the pool.  I know that I have a two year old, and I know that things like this happen, BUT aren't there people out there with children that arrive to classes and jobs and such on time.  Doesn't it work for some people?

Workout as follows:


  • 50 warm-up
  • 8 x 75 (butterfly/back/breast)
  • 3 x 300 @ 6:00
  • 3 x 200
  • 4 x 100 
  • 500 kick
I got in 3000 meters, with a hefty kick, as Jaime is heading out of town and I needed to catch up on everything before she left, AND the locker rooms were closed so we could not talk there.  

At home, I made Lara Bars and pesto and quinoa pilaf and had a healthy lunch, before heading out to buy paint for the bathroom and kitchen and getting home to get in a Gilad workout.  It was a busy day.

Track workout tomorrow!!

Pics of Ivan picking grass and the scary goat that Ivan kept getting too close to at the zoo.  Does he want to have his eye poked out??

No comments: